Stop wasting your time and start making money
I get a lot of different questions, but the one question I am asked most is “how can I make more money?”
Simple. Start cutting out time wasters in your life.
These wastes of your time may be people you’re spending time with, distractions like television and computer games -- or the very common partying every weekend and drinking a little too much,
If you calculate the amount of time you waste on these activities, you will soon add up about 7-10 hours per week that could be better invested in being strategic in your business, to secure more business – thus to make more money.
What is more important to you, having a lot of people buzzing around you and spending a huge whack of time in partying, or having a handful of quality friends and spending more time focused on your next business goal?
For every person who is watching reality TV, out drinking all weekend, or just couch-surfing instead of networking… there is someone bounding ahead on the very competitive journey called business success.
Some classic time wasters you can remove ASAP
* Social media without a purpose.
* Spending time with friends who detract, instead of add, value to your life.
* Excessive alcohol consumption. Let’s face it: a hangover lasts far more than an hour. It can rob you of a week’s worth of productivity.
* Events with no purpose. If you don’t know why you should be going... Don’t.
* Mindless television (especially anything with ads).
Other time consuming activities you may wish to outsource
* Dinners (or another meal). If you calculate the time it takes to shop, prepare and cook your dinners it may be worthwhile bulk-buying dinner and re-heating it. This could save you the equivalent of a full day’s work every week.
* Ironing and/or house cleaning. Again, another time-consuming activity that can also be exhausting. Time saved here could be better spent at the gym working out to keep your body as fit as your mind.
* Admin tasks. All businesses have an excessive amount of admin to complete at times, sometimes daily. Don’t disappear down the rabbit hole of the filing system. Get a temp.
It all comes down to the one question you need to ask yourself regularly: how badly do you want it?
Amanda Rose is the only 'Strategic Connector' in Australia, connecting CEOs, directors and businesses together to enhance brand, profile and lead generation opportunities.
Host of Amanda Rose TV, Found and Host of Business Woman Media, Keynote Speaker and media commentator including a weekly Smart Connections video blog for SmartCompany.com.au.
For help bringing your brand to the next level, contact Amanda today on 0432 49 02 48.